Eric Bolves

Eric L. Bolves Orlando Bankruptcy Attorney

Contact Me
For A Free

Bankruptcy Consultation

Call Today!
(407) 894-1002

About Us

Practice Areas

Client Resources

Audio and Seminars

Free Consultation

Helpful Forms



TheLegalCenter Logo

  Elder Law


The Big Talk

"The Big Talk" is when you talk to your parents about signing the documents necessary to make sure that, when the time comes, they are properly cared for and their wishes are honored. After they are unable to understand what they are signing, it's too late.

This talk can be as difficult as when your parents gave you The big talk when you were a teen. Now it's your turn.

Join the discussion! Have you had "The Big Talk" yet? How did you start? Do you have any tips for others? Do you have any questions?

Designation of Health Care Surrogate

What is a health care surrogate designation? It is a document naming another person as your representative to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to make them yourself. You can include instructions about any treatment you want or do not want, similar to a living will.

The Durable Power of Attorney

Durable Power of Attorney A power of attorney that still functions after the grantor becomes legally incompetent. A normal POA only gives the grantee whatever powers are detailed on the document. The normal power is valid until the person giving the power revokes it, dies or becomes incompetent. The Durable POA is extremely valuable in caring for people with dementia. It allows family members to use the person's assets for the care of the grantor.

The Last Will and Testament

The Last Will and Testament. A Will is written statement that tells how you want your property, your "estate", to be distributed after you die. They can be very simple or amazingly complicated based on your estate and your wishes. It's basically a letter to a Probate Judge that says, "Dear Judge, I'm not around anymore, please take care of this for me." A person who you select is named as Personal Representative or Executor under the supervision of the judge to carry out out what you put in the will.


Advanced Healthcare Directive

An advance healthcare directive, also known as living will, personal directive, advance directive, medical directive or advance decision, is a legal document in which a person specifies what actions should be taken for their health if they are no longer able to make decisions for themselves because of illness or incapacity.


Elder Law Legal Document Portfolio

Every family with elderly parents needs to ensure that trusted family members are legally able to act on behalf of their parent(s). 
It’s important not to delay completing these legal forms. Once an elderly parent is no longer legally able to sign these documents, the family may be faced with complicated and expensive guardianship procedures.

The  Elder Law Portfolio Includes...

Last Will and Testament
Florida General Durable Power of

General Power of Attorney
Designation of Health Care Surrogate
Healthcare Advanced Directives (Living Will)

If the client already has a will, I will review it to make sure it is up to date.
Some attorneys charge well over $1,000 per person for these documents. To encourage families to get these important documents, we charge $275 for an individual and $450 for a couple.  Call me for a free consultation.

Eric L. Bolves, Esq.
2110 E. Robinson St.
Orlando, FL 32803
(407) 894-1002 — (800) 610-2636